Here is a great recipe to bring to your next party!
Recipe courtesy of Rosalie Fredericks.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1 cup Bran Flakes
- 1 cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Cranberries, cut in half
- Step 1
- Cream together the sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla, and milk in a bowl.
- Step 2
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Step 3
- Place in a 9x9-inch greased pan and press down firmly.
- Step 4
- Bake in a preheated oven, set to 375 degrees. Until set but not hard (about 10 minutes.)
- Step 5
- Cool slightly, then cut into bars.