Toasted baguette slices topped with pesto, fluffy parmesan and walnut cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and crunchy walnuts.
- Walnut Parmesan Cream
- 3/4 cup California Walnuts
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (1 1/2 oz)
- Sea Salt to taste
- Crostini and Toppings
- 24, approximately 1/2" thick, baguette slices
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup course of chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup California Walnuts, chopped fresh basil, chiffonade, or microgreens
- Step 1
- To make the walnut parmesan cream, in a food processor or blender, combine 3/4 walnuts, water, and garlic clove. Blend until light and fluffy, scraping the container edges as necessary.
- Step 2
- Add the parmesan cheese and blend until well combined and fairly smooth. Use right away or cover or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Step 3
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Brush one side of each baguette slice lightly with olive oil and bake until toasted and lightly browned for 8-10 minutes.
- Step 4
- Top each slice with 1 teaspoon pesto, 1 1/2 teaspoon walnut parmesan cream.
- Step 5
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts. Garnish with basil or microgreens.