If you're looking to mix up traditional avocado toast give this recipe a try! It's very nutrient dense and full of fiber for good gut health.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Avocado, thinly sliced (or mashed)
- 1/2 cup diced Walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Slice a small plank off one side of each potato lengthwise. Use this as a base to cut the sweet potatoes into easy toast slices. Slice each potato into planks about 1/4 inch thick.
- Step 2
- For toast preparation: pop the sweet potato planks in the toaster and toast until tender.
- Step 3
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 4
- Lay the sweet potato planks on a baking sheet and spray them with cooking spray. Roast 6-7 minutes per side, until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Step 5
- Once toasted, lay the sweet potatoes on plates and top with the sliced avocado.