A delicious coffee cake that pairs well with your morning coffee.
Recipe courtesy of Marc Weiner.
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 pint of Sour Cream (full fat)
- 2 cups Cake Flour (must be cake flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Walnut Pieces
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Step 1
- Grease and flour an angel food cake pan, be sure it's an angel food cake pan specifically.
- Step 2
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Step 3
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Step 4
- Add eggs and sour cream.
- Step 5
- Add vanilla extract.
- Step 6
- Sift cake flour, baking soda, and baking powder together; add to mixture.
- Step 7
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the cake pan. Sprinkle on half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture, then half of the nuts and half of the chocolate chips.
- Step 8
- Pour in the remaining batter. Evenly spread over the first layer. Sprinkle on the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Step 9
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Be sure to not overbake. The cake should be moist and delicious. Enjoy!