This dish is a refreshing twist on your classic pesto pasta!
(Recipe referenced from Taste of Home)
- 4 cups Uncooked Whole Wheat Bow Tie Pasta (or any pasta of your liking)
- 1 cup Fresh Arugula
- 1/2 cup Packaged Fresh Parsley Sprigs
- 1/2 cup Loosely Packed Fresh Basil
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Step 1
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile place the arugula, parsley, basil, cheese, salt, and pepper flakes in a food processor. Cover and pulse until chopped.
- Step 3
- Add walnuts, cover, and process until blended. While processing, gradually add in the oil in a steady stream.
- Step 4
- Drain pasta, reserving 3 tablespoons of cooking water. In a large bowl, toss pasta with pesto, and reserved water.
- Step 5
- Take walnut herbal blend, and top pasta with the crumbled feta to taste. Enjoy!